Hello and welcome to With Authentic Joy!
I am so happy to have you on board this wild adventure with me. If you’re the type of person that lives each day with hygge, then grab a cup of tea, snuggle up in a cozy blanket, and relax.
Here at With Authentic Joy, I’m going to give you a glimpse of my life from anywhere between food, fun adventures, marriage, healthy lifestyles, and everything else authentic!
I have always had the dream of becoming a blogger. I love to talk and share ideas with others who have a similar way of thinking. Knowing we’re all a part of a community that supports and encourages one another is so refreshing!
I’m going to start this off strong with a few things about myself to give you an idea who the heck you’ll be reading about from now on. So, here we go:
- My name is Mary Kathryn Vertefeuille and I was born in Iowa, grew up in Minnesota, went to college in Wisconsin, and now live in Connecticut. (um, what?)
- I have the COOLEST parents in the whole world and three other just as awesome siblings. We all live in 5 different towns so that’s kinda sad at times.
- My husband (Noah) and I were just married on May 18th, 2019!
- Fun fact: I met Noah online from over ONE THOUSAND miles away. (Don’t worry. That story will come someday.)
- My favorite food groups include ice cream, dense bread (bring on the carbs), sushi, and Chick-fil-a.
- Coffee is my faveeee but I’m not one of those gals that equate a frappucinno to the real deal. (Don’t get me wrong. I loooove a good frappe once in a blue moon)
- I am OBSESSED with the Duggar family and low key wish I could meet them. (I did get within arms distance of a few of the sisters once at a conference and pretty much lost my mind)
- I love Jesus a whole heck of a ton.
- Home improvement and decoration are some of my passions and I wish I had a lifetime supply of Hobby Lobby gift cards for the rest of my life.
- I would describe my home style as Not-Antique-But-Not-Modern-Farmhouse with a touch of Boho.
- Blogging has always been something I’m interested in. For now, it’s a fun side hobby to help relieve the normal stresses of life. Who knows where it’ll end up later in life!
- I love baking so much and have a personal relationship with my Kitchenaid mixer.
- So, this may be a shocker, but I really don’t like reading. I was the student that used Sparknotes for all novels in high school.
- I used to hate running, then I learned to like it, then I hated it again, and now I’m trying to remind myself how much I used to like it again. So far, I still hate it.
- I’m 6′ 0″ and my husband is 6′ 6″, so I’m still able to wear heals and feel confident. as. heck.
- My current playlists on Spotify include Lauren Daigle, Luke Combs, and Ira Wolf.
- I can’t even explain to you how much I want to be a momma. I am just so darn excited.
- One of my favorite places to travel to is Northern Minnesota near Lake Superior.
- The Parent Trap is one of my favorite movies. But, the one with Lindsay Lohan.
- The corner pieces on brownies are the best. Hands down.
Wow, still reading, huh? Kuddos to you! If you think I’m semi interesting now, just WAIT for what plans I have in mind for the future of this blog! Check out the pictures below for a mini-glimpse of who I am!
Honestly ladies, I am so grateful for you already. I can’t thank you enough for stopping by and checking out my lifestyle blog. Shoot me a comment down below and introduce yourself! I can’t wait to get to know you.
Authentically Yours, Mary